- For the homeless – rough sleepers and sofa surfers – those in poor accommodation, with mental health issues or addictions.
- We, St Peter’s, work in partnership with the Salvation Army’s ‘Way Ahead Project’ who have a drop-in centre in Church Street.
- There people can find food and shelter and warmth, toilet and shower, clothes washing facilities, computers to use, extra activities, training, advice and, above all, friendship.
- The Way Ahead is the hub for providing advice and assistance in obtaining services from all the other agencies and government provision.
- They aim to find people accommodation, encourage them to engage in activities, develop self-confidence, help them to obtain work and to cultivate a culture of recovery.
- Over 100 different people visit every month! There are 20-35 people at the drop-in on any one morning.
- sfg enables the Way Ahead, open weekday mornings, to continue its work on Saturday, when there is little other provision.
- sfg provides funding and volunteers for Saturday
- St Peter’s is now in a Partnership with the Salvation Army to continue this work and sfg is a permanent sub-committee of the Parish Pastoral Council.
- Interested in volunteering / donating? – contact email@example.com
pdf version link